Broccoli and Chicken Soup
- 1 large potato, baking size
- 1-15 oz. can chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups frozen broccoli, thawed
- 1/2 cup chicken, dice
- Hiland 1% Milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Croutons (optional)
- 1/2 cup Hiland shredded Colby Jack or Cheddar cheese
- Peel the potato and cut into one-inch chunks.
- Put in a medium-sized saucepan; add chicken broth and simmer until the potato chunks are cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes. Add the broccoli and heat through.
- Mash the potato in the soup by using a mixer or a potato masher. Stir in the chicken, milk, salt and pepper.
- Simmer until hot but not boiling.
- If desired add cheese until melted and top with croutons before serving.