Veggie Breakfast Casserole
- Olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup diced cherry tomatoes
- 12 eggs
- 1/4 cup Hiland Dairy heavy cream (or Hiland Dairy Milk)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Heat a medium-sized pan over medium heat and drizzle olive oil in the pan. Add the diced onion and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the red and green bell peppers plus mushrooms to the pan. Cook for another 2-3 minutes until the mushrooms start to get softer.
- Remove from the heat and pour veggies into the baking dish, set aside to cool slightly while you prepare the eggs.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the eggs, Hiland Dairy heavy cream or milk plus the salt and pepper. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Next, add the sliced cherry tomatoes over top of the cooked veggies in the baking dish. Then pour the egg mixture over top of everything.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over top of the dish. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the egg mixture is set and the edges are starting to turn golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and sit for a few minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!