Loaded Baked Potato Salad
- 4 pounds russet potatoes
- olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup Hiland Dairy sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 10-12 pieces bacon, cooked and torn into large pieces
- 6 green onions
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place potatoes on a baking sheet and pierce with a knife or fork about 4 times.
- Brush the tops of the potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Cook for about 50 minutes or until a knife goes into the potato easily.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 5-10 minutes. You can either leave the skins on or peel them at this time.
- (I like to leave the skins on). Cut potatoes into large chunks, about 1 inch. Place all the pieces into a large bowl.
- Pour the apple cider vinegar over the potatoes and toss. Set aside to cool for about 15-20 minutes.
- Cook the bacon in a skillet, oven or microwave. Let cool slightly and then tear into pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine the Hiland Dairy Sour Cream and the mayonnaise. (You can also use Hiland Dairy Plain Yogurt in place of sour cream). Add the salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- Once potatoes are cooled, pour the sour cream mixture over the potatoes. Add the bacon, green onions and shredded cheese. Gently mix all the ingredients together. Taste and add more salt or pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving.