French Onion Burger
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup Hiland Dairy french onion dip
- 1 tablespoon dried, chopped parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 sweet onion, sliced
- olive oil
- sliced provolone cheese
- burger buns
- Hiland Dairy french onion dip for topping
- Caramelized Onions: In a large skillet on medium high heat, drizzle a Tablespoon of olive oil. Once the pan is hot, add the sliced onions. Stir occasionally until the onions get a nice char and start to reduce and caramelize. Takes 10-15 minutes.
- While the onions are cooking, in a large bowl, mix the ground beef, the Hiland French Onion Dip, dried onion and dried parsley. Mixing with your hands is the easiest.
- Form into patties of desired size. (pro tip: press a thumb into the middle of the pre cooked burger patty. This will help the meat from shrinking in.)
- Either on the grill or a skillet on medium high heat. Spray with nonstick spray. Cook the burger about 2-3 minutes per side depending on thickness and your preference.
- When the burgers are almost done, place a slice of the provolone cheese on top of each burger.
- To assemble burger: Place burger on the bun (already topped with melty cheese), place caramelized onions on top of the cheese then spread the Hiland French Onion Dip on the bun. Press together and take a ginormous bite! Enjoy!