Creamy Broccoli Lasagna
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup Hiland Butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. chicken bouillon granules
- 3/4 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 2-1/2 cups Hiland 2% Milk
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 1-1/2 cups Hiland 4% Cottage Cheese (small-curd)
- 2 jars (4-1/2-oz. each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 packages (6-oz. each) sliced Swiss cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, sauté mushrooms and onion in butter until tender.
- Add the flour, bouillon, garlic salt, pepper and thyme; stir until smooth.
- Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add broccoli; cook for 3-5 minutes. Stir in cottage cheese and mushrooms. Drain noodles.
- In a greased 13in.x 9in.x2in. baking dish, layer three noodles, a third of the sauce and a third of the Swiss cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly and broccoli is tender. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.