Pumpkin Quiche with Quinoa Crust
- Cooking Spray
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup Hiland Dairy 1% Milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin purée
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Coat an 8-inch baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Mix together the cooked quinoa, cream cheese and egg in a medium bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Press the quinoa crust mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a pie pan.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes, remove from oven and set aside.
- Turn the oven down to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the quiche filling ingredients until well blended and frothy.
- Gently pour the pumpkin mixture into the partially-cooked quinoa crust.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until set.